Thanksgiving Celebration Luncheon
We love, because He first loved us. I John 4:19
Event time: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Location: Evergreen SGV
Date: Saturday, November 19, 2016
We look forward to serving guests from Don Julian Elementary a traditional Thanksgiving meal to celebrate God’s blessings to the students. Our goal is to love our Don Julian friends in the name of Jesus Christ. We hope you will consider participating with your family in sharing the love of Christ by blessing and building friendships with families in our community. You may participate in a number of ways.
Sign-up to donate pies, chocolate chip cookies or turkey HERE.
- 16-20 lb. turkey cooked according to recipe (Download the TURKEY RECIPE HERE)
- 8" or 9" store-bought pumpkin pie (non-refrigerated)
- Box of 24 count fresh baked chocolate chip cookies from Costco
On Friday, Nov 18, you may drop off pumpkin pies in F1 (room next to kitchen) between 1:00 - 9:00 pm
On Saturday, Nov 19, the day of the Thanksgiving Celebration Luncheon, we will be receiving pumpkin pies starting at 8:00 am, in F1.
Volunteer and Food Donation Registration:
Please be mindful of these volunteer expectations when signing up:
- Our goal is to love our Don Julian friends in the name of Jesus Christ. It is important your actions, speech, and decisions reflect this when interacting with the community or asking for assistance from fellow volunteers.
- Come with a servant’s heart to demonstrate the love of Jesus Christ.
- Regular worshiper at Evergreen SGV
- Attend 8:30am, Saturday, Nov 12 mandatory volunteer meeting in Room D2 and any other indicated meetings.
- We encourage you to wear a college shirt to the event to support Don Julian’s goal for college awareness
God to soften the hearts of our guests to the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Blessings upon event planning and provisions.
Our church to demonstrate loving interaction with our friends.
If you have more questions contact Elaine Shigemoto.